Thread: I quit smoking!

New to the hero world Sir Doalot's Avatar

I quit smoking!

101 days ago, I took the challenge to stop smoking for a 100 days. If I would win, my 200 m2 garden would be dug (is that good english; I mean worked by a spade) by one of my friends. If I would lose, I would have to clean the house of this same friend all winter.

So, now that day 100 is over, I am happy to announce that I won! I enjoy the idea that my health is improving, and has in fact improved a lot already!

I won't smoke ever again.

EDIT: ănother accomplishment; I clicked the "I battled this!" button a hundred times! I hope they'll soon make the process quicker, so you can just battle these bad guys as easily as you 'like' something on FB. But thanks superbetter staff for this great site, it has helped me already in so many ways that this detail does not influence my opinion at all!
    Last edited by Sir Doalot; 12-03-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Super Moderator
    Incredible! That's very impressive, and I love how you set a goal with your friend to help you achieve. Enjoy the freshly dug garden

Natalie

Way to go! I love the creative reward/punishment you worked out with your friend, too! When you harvest vegetables from your garden, they'll taste extra good because your sense of taste will be sharper and because you'll be remindeded of your achievement!

An achievement for you my friend: The Inspirator--For showing the world what SB can do!

(PS "dug" is appropriate)
    Last edited by realsiri; 12-03-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: because it's never right the first time!

Good job, Sir Doalot! You certainly have an accomplishment worth being proud of!

Well done ! I bow my head for you Sir Doalot!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Doalot View Post
    I won't smoke ever again.
    You can do this. Watch yourself when you get really busy & stressed. There have only been two times I was tempted to go back, and that is what they had in common, I was way overcommitted and had other things going on too.

Judi

New to the hero world
    Hi Sir Doalot,
    Congratulations on quitting smoking and hope you are leading healthy lifestyle now. Smoking is injuries to health and may cause major health problems like smoking is bad for liver, throat and may cause certain types of cancer. Smoking effects our heart and can lead to stroke and other cardiovascular disease. Smoking effects our stamina and may cause depression, stress or obesity.

New to the hero world
    Congrats!!!! I am trying to quit at the moment and your post inspired me!

Congratulations! I quit a few months ago - once I realised that cravings are nowhere near as bad as you think, and how much more pleasurable my interactions with people are (because I don't stink, and I don't have to keep sloping off), it kind of sorted itself out. That's not to say it hasn't been a challenge! But it's all in your attitude - I don't need cigarettes, I don't need nicotine, I don't need anything to keep my hands busy...

Congratulations from a fellow knight!
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...