Thread: 8 Bits & Retro video Games to Theme Your SuperBetter

Lightbulb 8 Bits & Retro video Games to Theme Your SuperBetter

Hey guys,
    Did you love old Super Mario Bros. as much as I did? I decided to use icons from old video games to theme my Superbetter, even giving myself an 8 bit avatar. I'm 'new' user, but I've used SuperBetter in the past and like creating personal quests, bad guys, power-ups, etc. You can even search '8 bit power-ups' for fun graphics. I also love the 8 Bits of Awesome Facebook stickers because they make my quests, challenges, etc. feel even more like a game. I still have to add more 8-bit stuff, but for starting out; I think it will help. I do better when I believe it to be a game, and not a way to help myself. Here's some pics of what I mean by 'theme-ing' my superbetter. Badguys.jpgpower-up.jpgQuests.jpg

I hope this was useful for someone, there's all kinds of fun pixel art out there!

Love it, great idea! For me, the pictures really help me connect to the quests, power ups, and future boosts

Hi!
    Videogames are always a great source of inspiration. I also love videogames, specially retro ones. However my theming is more Castlevania focused and not necessarily 8-bits. I've found inspiration in Magic The Gathering cards too (I'm not a player of this game but I find the art awesome).

I don't have much yet but this is a little example of how my setup starts to have some life.
    dea361a578.jpg

Greetings!
    HTML Code:
       .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.
      //-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\
     //   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   \\
    ((   <The One who shows the Manifestation of Change>   ))
     \\   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   //
      \\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\ //
       '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'