Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you were a kid, what did you want to be? How about now?

when i was a kid, i wanted to be a doctor, i remember when my mom used to buy me those doctor toys with stethoscopes and bandages along with them=)

Now, i am a nurse which is still close to being a doctor..maybe one day ill certainly be one

Aside from that. i want to be a dancer, i know i a little old for that but.. i don't care lol.. i'll be enrolling on one of the classes when i a little bit more financially stable

New to the hero world happygoeslucky's Avatar

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Either a secretary (like my Mom), or Prime Minister of Canada. Still searching for that middle ground.

lol mario_c : I wanted to be a nun as well since I couldn't be a Franciscan monk. Darn atheism.
    Lucky

New to the hero world Peace Tigress's Avatar

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Always loved animals. Wanted to be a vet.
    Also wanted to go back in time and be an American Indian. Iroquois tribe. I was always interested in other cultures. Have always had dreams about living in a tribe, Odd since I live in Australia. In a meditation session where we were supposed to find a spirit guide, mine was a grey wolf, a medicine man or an owl.

Now I middle aged I just want to be happy. Still want to work with animals.

I wanted to be a firefighter from the time I was three years old to nineteen. Then I got into a parachuting accident that derailed those plans. Perhaps firefighting in space would have less physical obstacles?

I wanted to be an astronaut more than anything. Still a little sad I'll never be able to reach that goal.
    An odd thing I wanted - because of my mother's love for real crime shows and Dr.G Medical Examiner - I wanted to work in a morgue, either as an assistant or the examiner themselves. The thought still fascinates me, I'd love to even play a small part in helping grieving families, but I know it would make me really depressed really quick. I've always feared death, to the point I'd stay up all night crying about it, so perhaps that's why it fascinates me so much. I know better than to go down that road though.
    Other than that, I always wanted to work with animals as well. The first obvious choice was a vet, but I quickly realized I couldn't deal with seeing animals in pain/having to be put down everyday. I then wanted to be a zoologist and study their behaviors, but now I feel I'd get bored fast.

If I'm physically fit enough, I've decided I'd like to be a conservation officer. I have chronic back pain so I am still unsure. However, I'd get to work with nature, animals, AND I get to make a difference. So it's something I'm really striving for.

As a child I wanted to be a flight attendant since we travelled a lot. I became a Fraud analyst for a financial company in France and a mom of course. Now I want to be a person who share her health food experience for better living.

New to the hero world oopsie.daisies's Avatar
    Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania, United States

As a kid I wanted to be a teacher or a writer. In high school I realized I wanted to be a dancer. And I am currently studying dance to do that. But in the end, I just want to be happy.

As a kid, I always filled the friendship book's field of "dream job" with "comic artist". My whole school career I strived to do that, and drew a lot, to my teacher's displeasure also in my notebooks / exercise books. After studying graphic design I realized I didn't want to work in that branch. I tried English and philosophy at university but finally settled with psychology.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

New to the hero world

For some reason I can't remember thinking about my future self at all. Around 9th grade I decided I'd go to uni for bachelor's in biology and hoped that some career will work out from that. That was almost 10 years ago, now I am 27. I have changed majors and dropped out of school for a while, moved to US, worked a lot of odd jobs. Now after years of mindlessly going through life, I'm finishing my undergrad degree in Computer Science and working on becoming a QA tester.