Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you know you're SuperBetter?

No problem Peace Tigress--adding a winky emoticon would have signaled my purpose better.

Re: living at home. I lived at home for six years after college while I paid off student loans and saved money for grad school. I taught at a school less than half a mile from my parents' house, and it seemed silly to waste the money on an apartment. Like others here, I fretted about independence and whether I was backwards or behind or a loser.

I had a friend in a similar position. Once, when I was fretting about living at home she said, "It's rough, but I also know that someday in the future I'll be really glad for this time together." Her reframe helped enormously at the time and now, when realistically my parents have about 10 years left, I'm massively grateful for the time we spent together. I had a chance to get to know my parents as adults, free from most of the teenage stuff. I can see the difference in our relationship compared to that of my sister, who hasn't spent more than 2 weeks at a time with them since her sophomore year of college. There's ease and familiarity, and much less ambivalence. It's helped us navigate some of the other changes in our relationship as they've grown older.

New to the hero world Peace Tigress's Avatar

Thanks Realsiri
    Glad you had that experience with your parents. I don't have mine anymore. Lost my dad 31 years ago, my mother 10 years ago. Still miss them but no regrets in our relationship.
    I agree with you about getting to know them as adult to adult. Some people put their parents in a box and never move out of the child parent one.
    It's so good when you can.
    I have that with both of my kids.
    Spent my birthday with them yesterday. Presents are nice but their presence meant more.
    Their cards expressed their feelings and made me feel wonderful.
    Extract from my daughter's
    'You are the best mother in the world and the only person in the world who totally gets me. Thanks for not only being my mother but also being my best friend always. You are a wonderful, strong mentor and my hero as you are for other people too."
    My son and his fiancée's card
    "We both love you so much and appreciate you always being there for us. Know we will always be here for you too."

Priceless!

New to the hero world kinokofairy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Epic Win is to feel normal. Unfortunately, I can't really remember what that feels like. I've been battling anxiety in many forms for 12 years. Hopefully this site will help me better define my goal!

New to the hero world

So what do I do when I'm SuperBetter? Is there a way to mark my Epic Win? I achieved my first - going back to work - and I'm starting on my second.

Did you click on the lightning mark in the top right hand corner? There is no specific place to mark your epic win. You could start a note in your secret lab where you record your epic wins, that would do the trick - but there is no in-game feature for it. Anf congratulations by the way!! Superhero!

For me it was more about not only achieving a goal but a state of mind. My epic win was to find a living kidney donor. I did that. Now my epic win is to LIVE! I know it's broad but life is so valuable to me after it was threatened. After going through all of that and using Super Better to help me come out of it a SUPER better person, I know I can handle anything that comes my way.