Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you know you're SuperBetter?

Fought a few battles Super Jess's Avatar

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

How do you know you're SuperBetter?

So you're playing the game, doing quests, but then you wonder - how do I know I'm SuperBetter?

For me, when I was struggling with my bone infection last year, I knew I was SuperBetter when I felt myself more able to face challenges. I felt more hopeful and determined. Ultimately, the PICC line came out of my arm in June 2011, and then I knew for sure I was SuperBetter, because my infection was gone. The second time around, I knew I was SuperBetter because I completed my first 5K in eight years - I didn't back down from it, and I stuck to my training schedule in order to get there.

Being SuperBetter is about achieving your goals, but it's also about how you feel while you're getting there. Please share your own SuperBetter stories - if you're not there yet, what are you most looking forward to doing/feeling when you get SuperBetter?

Cheers,
    Jessica.

New to the hero world

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
    You know what, for me just being here makes me SuperBetter!

One of my biggest Bad Guys is negativity, but this site makes me feel confident, optimistic and energised no matter what the difficulties ahead.

Fought a few battles Super Jess's Avatar

Mr T, that's fantastic! Thank you for sharing that.
    "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

New to the hero world

Bucking a trend

Though I am currently working on achieving my first Epic Win with SuperBetter, I feel like I'll know I've won, when I don't obsess over the "Bad Guys" any more. The fact I have to be very conscious of them today means I am still playing to win. The day I feel confident enough to move on to the next battle— and know I am not fighting on two fronts—means I am "there."

This is kind of fun! Thanks SuperBetter.

New to the hero world

I have 2 criterions to know I'm superbetter : 1/ If I could act and move forward my goals with whatever I'm feeling
    2/ If I could acheive my goals .
    I should confess I find the first criterion very difficult : my feelings are preventing my actions most the time .

New to the hero world

My challenge was to lower my cholesterol and I knew I was superbetter when I got a blood test that said so- along with having the confidence that I could keep the changes I made while playing superbetter.

Sannse

I feel I'm SuperBetter than I was, and getting SuperBetter-er This game has helped me so much in finding motivation to improve myself. I don't intend to stop for a while yet, there are plenty of other areas of my life I want to improve (I'm considering the Full Plate Diet next) but even at this stage, I feel I can say I'm SuperBetter (but not yet SuperBest )
    Last edited by Sannse; 08-18-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling

New to the hero world

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    What i found awesome about Superbetter is that it made me appreciate what makes me feel good and more aware of what makes me feel bad. One of the things i decided to do since i joined the game is not listen to music at work. Listening to music makes it easier for me to ignore the noise around me, but it also makes me less sociable. So, i realized i'm getting superbetter when i wrote this note yesterday:

Staying without headphones at work makes it easier to communicate with the colleagues when it is necessary and this way we can collaborate better and do a better job. And social activity encourages more social activity, so i'm overall a little bit more social than i used to be. And it feels good.

New to the hero world

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Overall, I think starting this game has helped me monumentally. I am overcoming a debilitating illness I have had for 10 years. I have been on 1 year of recovery.... I am tired and wanted to get there, but it's slow and I am dedicated and not easy with patience. I want to be better and to be better now. Also, sometimes I just don;t feel good, or I am struggling and this game has given my brain something to focus on, that is not related to being sick since that is what I focuses most upon since I was alone and home all the time. It's given me hope, I have smiled a lot more since I started this just yesterday and I am determined.... there is so much to do! I am superbetter

New to the hero world TheOutlandishPeabody's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Being SuperBetter is about achieving your goals, but it's also about how you feel while you're getting there. Please share your own SuperBetter stories - if you're not there yet, what are you most looking forward to doing/feeling when you get SuperBetter?

Super Jess --

I've achieved one Epic Win, working on my second Epic Win. I really see SuperBetter as a process, not a goal. I know I am SuperBetter when I get 3 power-ups every day, and tackle a bad guy every day. Simply getting those little things done makes me feel better. I also know that I'm SuperBetter because I'm now a person who flosses every day - a major change - and does back exercises and stomach muscle exercises every day. I know I'm SuperBetter because my waist circumference is now less than 35". That makes me feel good even though I am still a little overweight. (Over 35" for women confers a greater risk for diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.) And knowing that I have done those things through SuperBetter encourages me to continue working on my other goals - being more active, losing weight, etc. Whenever I do something good for myself, I see the results right now, since I get points for each power-up. That is a great motivator for me.

The Outlandish Peabody