Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leave Yourself Awesome Clues

Hey nic,

this is another one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vn.magik.hifutureme

Greetings

Do you pack a lunch for work? What about inside shoes, infrequently used drawers, or a post a month or weeks ahead it in your wall calendar or day planner?

Hello there!

I don't like notifications (it tricks me into thinking I have an actual social life for a second) and I wanted the notes to be available constantly. So I use an app that allows you to display random phrases on your screen by the mean of a widget. The app is called "Custom quotes". Originally the purpose is to display random famous quotes. But you can customize it and add the quotes you want, and on my case I wrote motivational quotes, postive affirmations, and phrases about me (according to the "tell the truth quest".

Whenever I'm discouraged, I research a new quote on google that inspire me (as an example this morning I found a quote from Bill gates that says how much he failed before succed). Or i add a sentence like "you got this" or something like that.

Now I've got a bunch of motivational quotes that echoes me personally. Just the action of searching what to write is a little bit helpful.

I don't use the quotes provided with the app at all, but this this the only app I found which proposes such a widget, and a lot of customization.

Yet I agree with those who say it's different from having quotes in different places. It's about being surrounded by a positive image of you when you do not expect it. Plus handwriting helps integration of such ideas.

The app is a good complementary.
    (and I regularly write tiny post it notes that I stick below my laptop screen).

In the end I think those notes should be placed in a location related to your goal (even if you can put some everywhere). In my case I put them on my laptop since my objective is related to my job. If you're a diet it seems relevant to stick them on the fridge. Of course you can still leave some notes in your car even if it's not directly relevant, since it helps you how awesome you are all the time. But thinking about the location makes sense I think.

Good luck on finding your way to take care of you :-)

PS : maybe we should start a thread to put our quotes, positive affirmations and notes together. It could help (I have such a low self esteem I struggled finding positive things about me I could be proud of enough to write them in the eyes of the world).
    Last edited by warm_bot; 11-03-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Unless you are a Pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.

#Bill Murray

Fought a few battles Finding Me's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great Idea - starting a thread with our favorite quotes.

I collected heaps when I was posting them regularly on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Finding Me View Post
    Great Idea - starting a thread with our favorite quotes.

I collected heaps when I was posting them regularly on Twitter.
    I did it here

https://forums.superbetter.com/showt...3497#post23497

PS : there's also an app called "positive affirmations" (the logo on playstore is a little blue simling star), who enable yourself to program random positive affirmation with notifications during the day. You can add your own affirmations.
    Last edited by warm_bot; 11-07-2016 at 01:15 AM.
    Unless you are a Pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.

#Bill Murray

Fought a few battles Finding Me's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks for mentioning the Affirmation App