Thread: Help! With setting up Quests

Fought a few battles

Help! With setting up Quests

Hello! I am excited to start to make my own quests. I want to make one for myself on Avoidance. There are big tasks that I avoid. Things that I would be better off tackling. They are different than procrastination (in my mind) because I don't even want to think about them. I want to create a quest that will help me figure out what I am avoiding and how better to think about each piece of it. But I can't figure out how to do everything I need to do to create it. So, instead of avoiding asking for help, I am going to ask. First, does anyone know how to find and download a graphic that I can add to my quest so that all the things (quests, power ups, bad guys) related to it have the same graphic next to them? Second, how do quests differ from power ups? Should each topic have many quests and many power ups that are all interlinked? Has anyone currently on here done their own quests and how did that work? Thanks!

Hey Darley, I've created a set of quests, powerups and bad guys. For pictures, I just google search for pics with the corresponding key word and edit them with Photoshop to have a size of 258 x 301 pixels (not sure if that was the maximum, but I found out it works). I made a folder on my desktop to collect pictures I use for quests et cetera, and upload them from there when I create something.
    Avoidance is a difficult topic, I'm not sure where you best start, because when I created my quests I already knew quite well what to work on. Is it avoidance based on depression or is it anxiety which keeps you from doing stuff? Or both? I just made a list of things that add to my daily structure - like having a proper breakfast and taking time for it; and also things which make me feel better physically, emotionally, that prepare me mentally to something or social things like workout, having a glass of wine and listening to music I love, calling a friend et cetera. Then I chose whether to make a quest out of it or a power-up. The difference confused me as well at start; and still, I could substitute a quests for a power-up, but it doesn't matter much to me, since both things are a step towards getting Superbetter. I'm sure there was some description and explanation about the difference, but I checked and didn't find it. Maybe it was the video clip. They don't have to be interlinked, but usually you can add a power-up with which you can be prepared to beat a Bad Guy. Speaking of which, the bad guys are the things that trouble me most; I wrote that down as well, for example not sleeping well and then I imagined what kind of Bad Guy could be that incarnation. If you want, send me a PM and I can give you some inspiration maybe. What is also important: Have fun creating your own set, don't see it as a mandatory task! I had a lot of fun doing this.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

Fought a few battles

Thanks for replying Matt Valiant! For me, I avoid things due to anxiety. It doesn't make sense. I can't explain it. I am friendly and funny and inclusive when I meet people so hardly anyone I meet knows that I have social anxiety. But I am afraid to look for a job, to have interviews, to ask for things, to deal with insurance or doctors. I have several university degrees, but I have been quite stuck in actual life. And it is very frustrating. I'm not avoiding to do something more fun, I'm avoiding tasks that seem scary or unpleasant. Thanks for the suggestions on setting up quests.

I know it doesn't make sense, I'm suffering from it myself. Part of suffering from this problem is the subjective inability telling others how it works when anxiety strikes. Often, people think anxiety is rational. Of course it is not. Completely irrational. It is exactly the same for me. When I overcome my anxiety and I'm around people, I'm very likely the funniest, most outgoing person in the room. It's hard to realise I suffer from social phobia for friends who know about it, and they are few. So, completely sympathetic what you wrote =)

Count me in on this one, too! I could relate to a lot of the things you both mentioned. I have several items having to do with anxiety. For instance, i have a separate one for getting the mail and opening it--something that is an ongoing, daily issue for me. I've also had at various times a quest for One Thing in which I identify one thing that I need to do the following day--either the most important thing or something i keep procrastinating on. I have a power up Something Scary that i activate whenever I do something that scares me. This could be one of the things that i also have a quest for or more routine things like answering the phone instead of letting it go to voicemail. Darley, since you're starting to use icons (one of my favorite parts of setting my own quests), here's the one I use for this:
    fearitfaceit.jpg

Hmm looks like you get a bonus icon since I couldn't "unattach" the one with shackles that I accidently uploaded first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by realsiri; 12-16-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Fought a few battles

This is so ironic, realsiri! I just listened to a voice mail (I generally put that off for a long time) but it came only a few hours ago and I've already listened to it! That is a win for me! In addition, I also just got my mail and opened all of it! Another thing I usually put off for a long time! (glad I am not the only one who has trouble with this stuff!)
    Last edited by Darley; 12-16-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: clarification

I recently got a call from a number I didn't know and I was too scared to answer it, because I thought it might only bring bad news. Following that I got a new voicemail from that number, but it was just strange background noise and people talking in the distance, as if it might have happened when someone accidently calls you. Anyway, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't figure out who it was and what they wanted. Too afraid to just call and ask, because it might be someone I know where I didn't save the number or deleted it - imagining the situations I could be in when that would be the case - I just wrote a text message. At least I took it with humor - writing something like "That was a very cryptic voice mail. What extraterrestrial is trying to contact me?". Too bad that I only got a message back with like "Sorry, my mobile must've gone crazy. I don't even have your number". So I was still curious and anxious, but at least with humor again and wrote that the person should play the lottery if they manage to accidently dial a 12 digit number, by not typing the number by themself, and have a working number called. No answer since, too bad. Wouldn't write about it if it didn't bother me, would I?

New to the hero world

I can give you some inspiration maybe. What is also important: Have fun creating your own set, don't see it as a mandatory task! I had a lot of fun doing this.
    Decrease your exam stress by using our latest 1D0-520 latest exam dumps and best quality HITACHI and wiki pedia .