Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Heroes

Administrator

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Top Heroes

We're compiling a list of heroes that inspire people: in books, film, comics, games, tv, literature, myth, and history. Here's 50 that we came up with:

1. James Bond from 007. Allies: Q, M, Money Penny.
    2. Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Allies: The Mad Hatter, The White Rabbit, The Queen of Hearts, The Cheshire Cat.
    3. Neo from The Matrix. Allies: Trinity, Morpheus, Mouse.
    4. Sherlock Holmes from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Allies: Dr. Watson, Irene Adler.
    5. Bella from Twilight. Allies: Jacob, Edward, Alice.
    6. Mario from Super Mario Bros. Allies: Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad.
    7. Lisbeth Salander from The Millennium trilogy. Allies: Mikael Blomkvist, Dragan Armansky, hacker friends.
    9. Odysseus from The Odyssey. Athena, Aeolus, Penelope, Telemachus.
    10. Harry Potter or Hermione from Harry Potter. Allies: Ron, Hagrid, Dumbledore.
    11. Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Allies: Giles, Xander, Willow, Spike.
    12. Don Draper from Mad Men. Allies: Pete Campbell, Joan Holloway, Peggy Olson.
    13. Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. Allies: Will, Elizabeth, Barbosa.
    14. Grissom from CSI. Allies: Sara Sidle, Katherine Willows, Dr. Langston.
    15. Mimi from RENT. Allies: Roger, Mark, Maureen, Angel.
    16. King Arthur from Camelot. Allies: Merlin, Guinevere, Lancelot, Green Knight.
    17. The Doctor from Doctor Who. Allies: Rose Tyler, Rory, Amy, Captain Jack Harkness, the Tardis.
    18. Anne from Anne of Green Gables. Allies: Diana, Gilbert, Marilla.
    19. Jack Bauer from 24. Allies: Chloe, Tony Almeda.
    20. Hercules from Greek mythology. Allies: Erystheus, Deianeira.
    21. Veronica Mars from Veronica Mars. Allies: Keith Mars, Wallace, Mac.
    22. Batman from Batman. Allies: Robin, Alfred, Catwoman, Jim Gordon.
    23. Tony Manero from Saturday Night Fever. Allies: Joey, Double J, Bobby C, Annette.
    24. Clark Kent from Superman. Allies: Lois Lane, Supergirl, Krypto.
    25. Hannah from Hannah Montana. Allies: Lilly, Oliver, Jackson.
    26. Peter Parker from Spiderman. Allies: Mary Jane, Aunt May, the Black Cat.
    27. The Dude from The Big Lebowski. Allies: Walter, The Big Lebowski, Donny.
    28. Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Allies: Short Round, Willie Scott, Sallah, Marion.
    29. Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Allies Lion, Tinman, Scarecrow, Glinda, Wizard
    30. Master Chief from Halo. Allies: Cortana, 343 Guilty Spark, The Arbiter.
    31. The team from Inception. Allies: The Identity Forger, The Architect, The Chemist, The Dreamer.
    32. Captain Picard or Captain Kirk from Star Trek. Allies: Geordie, Richer, Worf, Troy, Data, Crusher, .
    33. An angel from Charlie’s Angels. Allies: Charlie, Bosley, Jill, Sabrina, Kelly, Kris.
    34. Jason Bourne from the Bourne series. Allies: Marie, Nicky.
    35. Tony Stark from Iron Man. Allies: Rhodey, Pepper Potts.
    36. Sam from Transformers. Allies: Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime.
    37. Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games. Allies: Primrose, Peeta Mellark, Madge Undersee
    38. Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly. Allies: Shepherd Book, Simon & River Tam, Zoe, Wash, Jayne, Kaylee, Inara.
    39. Luke Skywalker or Han Solo from Star Wars. Allies: Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO.
    40. Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. Allies: Admiral Adama, President Laura Roslin, Apollo, Number Six, Gaius, Col. Saul Tigh.
    41. Michael Scott from The Office. Allies: Dwight, Jim, Pam, Phyllis, Jen.
    42. Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog. Allies: Tails, Knuckles, Amy.
    43. Robin Hood from English folklore. Allies: Little John, Maid Marian, Friar Tuck.
    44. Lucy or Susan from The Chronicles of Narnia. Allies: Aslan, Mr. Tumnus, Mr. Beaver, Prince Caspian.
    45. Mathias from Redwall. Allies: Methuselah, Log-a-log, Basil Stag Hare, Warbeak Sparra, Captain Snow.
    46. Franklin Delanor Roosevelt from U.S. history. Allies: Eisenhower, Macarthur, Churchill.
    47. Daniel from The Karate Kid. Allies: Mr. Miyagi, Ally.
    48. Lyra from His Dark Materials. Allies: Pan, Will, Mary Malone, Iorek.
    49. Serena (or Jenny!) from Gossip Girl. Allies: Blair, Chuck, Nate, Dan.
    50. Kate Beckett from Castle. Allies: Castle, Captain Roy Montgomery.

Now that you've seen some of our thoughts, who inspires YOU? Who has traits you admire and want to emulate?

Administrator

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Heroes that our SuperBetter community loves:

1. Piglet! Heh, my father would always quote to me "Be brave, little Piglet!" I loved that no matter what happened Piglet would always tough it out. Winnie the Pooh <3 Allies: Rabbit (for the grumpier of my friends), Eeyore, Owl, Kanga & Roo.
    2. Strongbad from Homestar Runner. Allies: The Cheat, Trogdor the Burninator.
    3. Cosette from Les Miserables. Allies: Eponine, Marius, Valjean.
    4. Rachel from Friends. Allies: Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, Joey, Ross.
    5. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. Allies: Mr. Bennet, Jane, Charlotte, Mr. Darcy.
    6. Carly from iCarly. Allies: Sam, Freddie, Gibby, Spencer.
    7. Velma from Scooby Doo. Allies: Fred, Shaggy, Daphne, Scooby.
    8. Tally Youngblood from the Uglies series - http://www.amazon.com/Uglies-Trilogy.../dp/0689865384 = kept her spirit and soul under all changes made to her. She determined her own destinies when others attempted to determine them for her.
    9. Real life Jaycee Dugard - heard her story last night and interestingly as I write this, she is a hero for the same reason I stated for Tally Youngblood.
    10. Sydney Bristow from Alias for sure. Allies would be Jack Bristow, Micheal Vaughn, and Will Tippen.
    11. River Tam is a great hero! Allies would be the same as Macolm Reynolds.
    12. Terry Fox. Allies: all the people who support Terry Fox runs each year. Terry took a dream and changed, not only the pace of cancer research, but also the hearts of a nation. On a personal note; as a five year old, seeing him on TV hop-skipping down that lonely stretch of highway; that's when I wanted to become a runner. I've been running ever since.
    13. Wolverine from X Men! Allies: Prof X, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gene Gray, etc.
    14. Robin from Teen Titans! Allies: Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire Cyborg
    15. Jerry from Seinfeld! Allies: Elaine, George, Kramer
    16. Ray from Everybody Loves Raymond! Allies: Deborah, Marie, Frank, Robert
    17. Simba from The Lion King! Allies: Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Nala
    18. Aladdin from Aladdin! Allies: Jasmine, Genie, Abu, Carpet
    19. Mary Ann from Tales of the City! Allies: Anna Madrigal, Mona, Mouse, Brian
    20. Tom from Grapes of Wrath! Allies: Ma, Pa, Uncle John, Jim Casey
    21. Scott Pilgrim from Scott Pilgrim (vs. The World) Allies: Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine, Stephen Stills, Knives Chau
    22. Kevin Flynn from Tron Allies: Tron, Dumont, Ram, Yori
    23. Ethan from JPod. Allies: Caitlin, Cowboy, John Doe, Bree, Steve
    24. Screech from Saved by the Bell. Allies: Zack, Kelly, Lisa, Jessie, Slater
    25. The Doctor (Doctor Who). Allies: Amy Pond, Rory Williams, River Song
    26. CATWOMAN and my ally thus far is the Archangel Michael!
    27. Ivan Zarevich. He seems to be looser and his father (king) don't wait anything of him. But once he makes up with completing several acts of bravery and savvy and marries Vasilisa Prekrasnaya (The Most Beautiful) of Vasilisa Premudraya (The Smartest). So I'm Ivanna Zarevna.
    28. Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid! I picked him because he gets plunged into very stressful situations that he has to find his way through - also, while the onus is definitely on him to finish the mission, he always has the backup of his support team.
    29. Tommy Douglas
    30. Ginger from Chicken Run. Allies: Mac, Babs and Rocky
    31. Simba means both "lion" and "courageous warrior" in Swahili.
    32. Stitch is looking to belong, and he finds his "ohana" in the end just as I hope to do

New to the hero world Green Lantern's Avatar

Hellboy from Mike Mignola's graphic novels and Guillermo del Toro's film adaptation: Professor Bruttenholm (adopted father and mentor), Abe Sapien (buddy, ally), Liz Sherman (girlfriend, ally).

New to the hero world

George Washington inspires me. After the revolution there were many that wanted to make him king. He refused, seeing that it would be a step backwards from the ideals for which he fought. I admire his perseverance, in fighting the war, and his perseverance in sticking to his principles.

New to the hero world Paganmoon's Avatar

For me its Shepard from Mass effect. I just think she's (played the game through as female) such a strong character and she has a amazing set of allies to help her through the most toughest of situations. She inspires me so much to stay strong no matter what I'm up against that I even had "WWSD" tattooed on my foot (What Would Shepard Do).

New to the hero world

Zelda! Link! Hearts! Exclamations! Oh wait, that's Mario. Just talking with everybody around him, getting Superbetter from solving miniquests from the locals, etc.

New to the hero world

Katniss. The Hunger Games... strong, humble, resourceful, creative, compassionate, talented, dedicated... love her character.

New to the hero world Roussallier's Avatar

Shepard for me too, all of his or her allies have an essential truth about human nature within them. They're a perfect team from imperfect parts.

Commander Shepard and Alexander the Great are tied for first place with me.

If Alexander could forge the greatest empire the world had seen to date in a third of a century, then I know I can create an impact in my lifetime.

New to the hero world

I think I must be the only person who's chosen a fish for their hero LOL
    I love Dory. She has so many hurdles to overcome, so much anxiety in her life, yet she remains optimistic and a nice person ( fish ) to be around. I'd love to be more like her!

Fought a few battles ShoDetermined's Avatar

^^^ Oh I love Dory.

My hero's name is Sonora Webster Carver. I watched a movie with my kids called "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken". It's based on the life of Sonora who lived in the 1920's and became a "Diving Girl". First of all, this idea seems kind of crazy. She would jump on a horse, down a platform and dive into a pool of water. This was entertainment for the masses. So she was already incredibly brave, and also headstrong. What happened in the middle of her career, was a rupture to her eyes during a diving accident that left her legally blind. She managed to return to her career and dive horses anyway, without the general public knowing about it for a long time.
    And so she became an inspiration, of courage and heart and resilience for me.
    I did some research on her actual life beyond the movie which doesn't tell the whole story (I mean it's good, but Disney), and it is pretty amazing.