Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking FUTURE Allies

Fought a few battles

Seeking FUTURE Allies

Hello. I am glad you came to read my post!

I have been on SB for over a year. I had an emergency recently, and it has taken all my time, so I have not been active much on SB for months. I am feeling lonely and am needing connection. i am seeking Allies to begin SB again with me once this emergency passes and I have enough time. I hope that will be soon, but I do not know, so I cannot make definite plans yet.

I decided to post now, since finding Allies may take awhile. Maybe some of you are flexible and can add an Ally at any time you and your new Ally are ready. I will be ready when this emergency passes. This is what I mean by seeking FUTURE Allies.

I am a retired senior woman, divorced, with no chiidren. I have issues of co-dependence, procrastination, clutter, anxiety, family conflict, and stress. I am under a lot of pressure in this family conflict, which is the most difficult part of my life. I also have a significant difficulty of reduced life energy. Medical test show no problem, so I believe this is due to stress. I am working on healthy self-care, including nutrition, ample sleep, stress relief, and exercise.

One of my great interests is computer graphics, which I look forward to resuming when I am able to buy the needed technology. I love sunshine, reading, walking, looking up ideas on the web, watching movies, and puttering around the house. I enjoy hearing birds singing in the sunshine on my patio right now. I am grateful and happy to be retired. I also love dancing, kitties, going out to eat, having a few close friends, and visiting Yosemite Valley, but these things must wait until I have more energy.

My education and background are in psychology and personal growth work. I am currently involved in Non-Violent or Compassionate Communication (NVC), and Inner Relationship Focusing. I am learning how to work with myself in these processes. The recent emergency interrupted this, but I am doing what I can now, and I will resume and continue this work.

I am learning through experience that healthy change spontaneously occurs, not by one part of me that knows best forcing change on another contrary and resistant part of me, but by radical acceptance of all parts of me exactly as they already are. It is a fascinating paradox.

This view may not dovetail with the SB idea of Bad Guys, as I believe there are no inner Bad Guys. I am interested in resolving this dillemma for myself, so I can decide how to use SB in view of this. Maybe battling a Bad Guy could instead be a process of befriending and truly hearing that part of me.

While it is not essential, I would enjoy Allies who share their thoughts, feelings, needs, experiences, interests, discoveries, and awareness process about their ongoing life in their posts. I honor this communication as authentic, personal, and private. I myself post like this when I have time. I find such posts from Allies interesting to read and comment on, especially when other Allies join in and different views are shared. Since I cannot get out to interact much yet, this is welcome stimulation.

I cannot offer a large time commitment, but I can offer my compassion and my ideas whenever I have time, and i am seeking Allies who can do the same. Would you like to consider this? If so, please send me a Private Message (PM) and tell me about yourself. I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Mighty Mouse!
    I'd be glad to help and be an Ally of yours. At present, I only have one Ally: It's a friend of mine, I know him since we were children, so it's a long term friendship. My friend is having tons of stress and problems too so I invited him to join Super Better. I'm just starting a SB, I knew about it in a Gamification course I watched recently, and I really should try this to relief my stress and trying to improve myself. I've been trying reading books, etc, but theres always something new to learn and new ways to do it. I like videogames a lot, so SB is tailored for me hehe.

Greetings and good luck in your personal emergency as you call it. Good day!
    HTML Code:
       .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.
      //-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\
     //   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   \\
    ((   <The One who shows the Manifestation of Change>   ))
     \\   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   //
      \\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\ //
       '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'

Fought a few battles
    Hi, Cyodar!

Thanks for your post. I just noticed it, and will write you soon, so please check your Private Messages (PMs). Right now I am on my way to bed, so I want to wait to write, but I am glad to hear from you! It sounds great to have your friend joining you as one of your Allies. Have you seen the Ted Talk about SB by Jane McGonigal? That is what brought me to SB. I am not a gamer, but I love computers and thought playing a game in real life on the computer sounded fascinating. Here is the link:

https://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgon..._years_of_life

Hi Mighty Mouse,

Wonderful post. I'll write more about myself in a PM later today or tomorrow when I am behind a computer instead of on my phone

Fought a few battles
    Okay, emagica!

I am glad to hear from you!

Can I just write a comment to endorse this wonderful person? Mighty Mouse has been a valued ally of mine for a while now and I greatly appreciate her input! So by all means, connect to this wonderful human being!

Thanks Lilac. I've been PM'ing with Mighty a little and some great info has been shared. Very useful. Thanks!
    HTML Code:
       .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.
      //-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\
     //   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   \\
    ((   <The One who shows the Manifestation of Change>   ))
     \\   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   .-.   //
      \\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\_//-\\ //
       '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'   '-'

Fought a few battles
    Hi, Everyone,

This is an update to let you know that I am still looking for additional future Allies. I have been very fortunate in some of my Allies being people I have come to love. Unfortunately, though, many of them have not been back to SB for some time now, or they are extremely busy dealing with the complexities of life. I myself had a recent emergency and have not been able to be active much on SB for awhile. I will return as soon as I can. If you are interested in being Allies, send me a PM about yourself, and please include your email address in your PM, so I can reach you. I will be in touch with anyone who contacts me as soon as my emergency passes. I am very interested in having Allies join me, and I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Fought a few battles
    Hi, All,

I am continuing to post here to let those of you seeking Allies know that I am still interested in adding allies for the future as described in my above post. To those who have contacted me by PM, I will be in touch! To those who have not contacted me by PM, please feel free to do so.

If you are new to SuperBetter, take heart! There can be times like the present when no one drops in to the Forum for awhile seeking Allies, but likely other new people will be interested in SuperBetter pretty soon and will be needing Allies, or regulars will have lost Allies to the vagaries of life and will be needing new Allies, so keep checking back here on the Forum.

Fought a few battles
    Hi, Everyone!

Thanks for your patience. I appreciate it! This is an update to let you know that this is still a current post. I am still seeking future Allies, and if you already have contacted me, or now want to send me a PM to tell me a bit about yourself and include your email address, I will be in touch with you as soon as my emergency is resolved. I am looking forward to connecting!