Thread: Looking for allies

Looking for allies

I've started doing Superbetter on my own, but I feel like I could use some allies to encourage me on my way. I've been working through anxiety since I finished college recently which is making it challenging to get out there and build a life for myself. I am thankful for my family's support, although their reaction towards my anxiety is sometimes an impatient and negative one. I am not entirely sure how the allies system works, but what I'm looking for is someone with patience and understanding. I'd be happy to offer the same in return.

New to the hero world
    Blog Entries
    Hi Saelle, I'm Tory. I'm fighting depression at the moment and trying to get well enough to return to my teaching job. It sounds like you need some more support and I get that--we all need someone to validate us and share our struggles. I'd be happy to be allies with you if you're up for it. I'll PM you my email address.

New to the hero world
    Blog Entries
    ^I wouldn't be allies with someone who has this poor a understanding of mental illness. The idea that it can be cured by 'force of will' or 'positive thinking', or that people choose to have it, is facile and insulting. It blames sufferers for their situation and makes it harder for people who need treatment (yes, medication, or accommodations for their needs at work or school) to be heard and supported. Keep this nonsense off of Superbetter, please.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Since I have complex PTSD, which I've largely mastered, I see positive things in both sides of these past two posts. However, it could be very easy for folks of either ilk to take offense. Please be *very* careful about what you say and how. If it is possibly inflammatory to others, you might consider a PM.