Thread: All those anoying adds!!!

All those anoying adds!!!

Aren't any mods around who could remove those and ban whoever posts them from the forums?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

We do, every day. Usually several times a day. The last time I purged the forums was at 2 a.m., just before I went to bed last night. The moderators are unpaid volunteers. Want to help? Mark one as spam when you see a new spate of them, so we know to come and deal with the latest batch.

Help is appreciated!

Judi

How do I mark them as spam? Through report post?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Sambeebee,

Yes!

Judi

Blog Entries

Sorry, I was on holidays for Tet with minimal internet, so I wasn't deleting stuff. I'm back to it again now

Fought a few battles Barbabetter's Avatar

Thank for the tip Judy. Never realized I could help you lifesaver folks. However, we as lay users are only allowed to report one spam per 60 secs. Added to the time I am waiting for a report to load, this seems to be more time consuming than that it is helping you, as I've only been trying to report the ones that appear on top of my 'what's new' list anyway.
    Is it still helpful? In that case, I will spend some more time over here at the forum to report. If you can find this spam just as easily as I can, I'd better save me the effort (sorry, I know you put a lot more effort into it and I applaud you for that, but I hate doing unnecessary work).

Blog Entries

If I'm free (and not shirking my mod duties, which comes and goes), then just flagging one is enough to remind me to drop by the forums again today. I always assume there's more than one, and gmail just nests the notifications anyway.

Finding the spam isn't hard at all, unfortunately it's often the case of throw a brick mate.